Full Stack Software Engineer
Location – South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
MeshPower is an exciting technology startup company developing and implementing innovative solutions to provide rural electrification. We provide affordable, renewable, 24 hour electricity through our solar-powered nanogrids to village-sized communities without access to the national grid.
Originally started in London by a team of electrical engineers, the Rwanda subsidiary now employs 25+ people and has over 1,000 customers, with plans to grow very quickly. MeshPower is a fast-moving, rapidly changing company, characterised by a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making and a dynamic and innovative business environment. Please see our website for further information www.meshpower.co.uk.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven software engineer to join our technical development team full time in London. The successful candidate will work alongside our hardware and software engineers and will be sited at our main office within the Imperial College Incubator in South Kensington. A temporary project based reallocation to the Rwanda Field Office may be required.
As software engineer, you will contribute to a variety of Python/C++/Go software projects related to MeshPower’s nanogrid product.
- Build up our Web (Go, Python) and Embedded (C++) software stacks
- Develop key features on the data analysis and accounting software
- Contribute to MeshPower’s nanogrid operating system (Linux, Python)
- Embedded firmware development on the STM32F4 chipset (C++)
- A degree or other qualification in Computer Science
- Experience in designing practical software applications
- Proficient in Python, Go and C++
- Familiarity with services like Google AppEngine, web frameworks and object data stores
- Experience in using Linux as a primary development platform and knowledge of low level UNIX file I/O and networking interfaces
- Some experience in the use of embedded software toolchains
- An interest in electronics and/or embedded systems would be a distinctive quality
We will offer a competitive salary in line with the applicant’s level of experience.
Email us your CV alongside a short cover letter describing why this role interests you and why you think you would be suitable. We attach a lot of importance to the practical work candidates have done, thus referring us to examples of such work is recommended.
Email: [email protected]