Electronics and Hardware Engineer
Location – South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
MeshPower is an exciting technology company developing and implementing innovative solutions to provide rural electrification. We provide affordable, renewable, 24 hour electricity through our solar-powered nanogrids to village-sized communities without access to the national grid.
Originally started in London by a team of electrical engineers, the Rwanda subsidiary now employs 25+ people and has over 1,000 customers, with plans to grow very quickly. MeshPower is a fast-moving, rapidly changing company, characterised by a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making and a dynamic and innovative business environment. Please see our website for further information www.meshpower.co.uk.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven electrical engineer to join our technical development team full time in London. The successful candidate will work alongside our hardware and software engineers and will be sited at our main office within the Imperial College Incubator in South Kensington. A temporary project based relocation to the Rwanda Field Office may be required.
As an electronics and hardware engineer, you will lead the product development for the next generation of solar powered PAYG electricity system. This job will include:
- Circuit design and simulation
- Specify, write and test firmware
- Cost optimization on circuit design and component selection
- Design, layout, build and test hardware units
- Prepare designs for mass manufacturing
- Define and implement production and in field hardware test process
- Component sourcing and BoM generation
- Documentation of specifications and designs
- A degree or other qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Experience in analogue/digital circuit design
- Experience in layout and assembly of moderate to complex printed circuit boards
- Experience in the use of Altium (or other professional software) for schematic entry and board layout
- Familiarity/Experience in switch-mode power electronics design and layout
- Some experience in the use of C/C++ and embedded software
- Experience with IoT and low power circuit design
- Knowledge on lithium ion or lead acid battery management
- Experience with the ST Microelectronics STM32F4 chipset
- Knowledge on programming in Python, Go and C++
- Experience in using Linux as a primary development platform
We will offer a competitive salary in line with the applicant’s level of experience.
Email us your CV alongside a short cover letter describing why this role interests you and why you think you would be suitable. We attach a lot of importance to the practical work candidates have done, thus referring us to examples of such work is recommended.
Email: [email protected]