Location – South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
MeshPower is an exciting technology company developing and implementing innovative solutions to provide rural electrification. We provide affordable, renewable, 24 hour electricity through our solar-powered nanogrids to village-sized communities without access to the national grid.
Originally started in London by a team of electrical engineers, the Rwanda subsidiary now employs 25+ people and has over 1,000 customers, with plans to grow very quickly. MeshPower is a fast-moving, rapidly changing company, characterised by a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making and a dynamic and innovative business environment. Please see our website for further information www.meshpower.co.uk.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven individual to manage and scale up our production pipeline. The successful candidate will manage the electronics production of MeshPower’s proprietary circuit boards used to build solar powered electricity grids. The production manager will be responsible for scheduling and managing the complete production pipeline to meet set production targets. The majority of the time the project specialist will be working from MeshPower’s production facility in London. On a temporary basis trips to the Rwanda field office as well as to production partner sites in Europe and Asia may be required.
As the production manager you are responsible to schedule and manage the complete production pipeline.
- Production planning and scheduling
- Material purchasing incl. price negotiations with suppliers
- Manage production outsourcing incl. logistics
- Supervise and instruct solder technicians and the Rwandan production team
- Operate pick and place machine, circuit oven, soldering station and test rigs
- Manufacture printed circuit boards including surface mount and through hole components
- Manage stock levels and deliverables at multiple production offices
- Implement quality assurance procedure
- Implement board and final product test processes
- Report to management
- Experience or great interest in electronics production
- Management experience
- Experience in soldering techniques incl. experience hand soldering LQFP144 and MSOP SMDs
- Experience in electronics fault isolation and test
- Degree or qualification in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Experience with solder ovens and pick-and-place machines
- Basic knowledge of Linux environment
- Knowledge on programming in Python, Go and C++
- Experience with controller flashing/ JTAG programmers
We will offer a competitive salary in line with the applicant’s level of experience.
Email us your CV alongside a short cover letter describing why this role interests you and why you think you would be suitable. We attach a lot of importance to the practical work candidates have done, thus referring us to examples of such work is recommended.
Email: [email protected]